Thursday, April 4, 2013

I Didn't Throw Food Down the Sink

So today was more or less average, unless you count the whole sink debacle.

Class was fine, nothing special.  Mucked around the rest of this afternoon, so also nothing special there. 

But the sink.  Oh the sink.  When I came home in between my classes, both Piero and Tommaso (our landlords) were standing in the kitchen trying to fix the sink.  I was the only one home so I said a quick hello and made to go to my room, but got stopped by a snarky Tommaso asking me if I understand not to throw food down the sink, that the sink was only for water, did I understand, was I sure, because the sink was full of food, there's a sign, can I read the sign, do I understand, etc.  Hmph.  Good thing he's in an authority position over me or I would have snarked right back.  Hardcore snark too.

Like yes, I understand.  No I don't throw food down the sink.  Leave me alone.  If you didn't want your apartment going through extreme cases of use, don't rent it to 6 students.  Etc.

Anyway, I ruminated for a bit, went to my other class, came back and they were still trying to fix it.  The short of it is that they had to bring in 2 other guys to fix the sink, they drilled into the wall for some reason, some black liquid leaked out of one of the pipes, they dumped the water in our toilet and I think the sink is fixed.  Or let's at least hope so.

Okay so.  Three week time.  My plans have changed and now I've changed my cities.  I've dropped Madrid and Budapest and added Dublin back in.  So my cities are:

- Barcelona
- Lisbon
- Paris
- London
- Dublin
- Edinburgh
- Amsterdam

If I divide my time evenly, I have about three days in each city.  Which I think is a lot better.  The specific days will fluctuate and stuff as I nail down travel plans but I'm really happy with my list.  And hopefully I can start buying flights and stuff.  YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Ciao ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment