Monday, April 8, 2013

Catching Up

Okay so, I apologize for not keeping this up but I am working on it.  I have one more Spring Break post to do and now one from Sunday and then I'll be caught up.

On Sunday, we went to Cinque Terre.  In short, it was beautiful.  We didn't really do much hiking (except for 365 steps up and down from Cornigilia) but it was still so so worth it.  It was sunny and beautiful and warm.  We even got to lay out on rocks for awhile.  I got sunburnt!!  It was heavenly and now I really really really want to go to the beach.

Today was fine, nothing special.  In cooking class, we made spaghetti alla carbonara (delicious), chicken rolled with ham, cheese, and sage (also delicious) and fried artichokes (ick - I didn't eat them so I don't have a picture.  And okay, I understand you try everything once but I've tried them before and I don't like them.  So hah.)

 Spaghetti

Chicken

We were going to have a dessert but the girls making it put salt in instead of sugar...what.  How hard is it to taste it before you put it in?  Apparently too hard for them.

After class, I came home, cooked dinner for the week (my Mexican chicken thing again) and then we went to the Diner for real dinner because we had a coupon for a free drink.  So I had a baked potato with baked beans and an Oreo milkshake.  The milkshake was delicious but the potato was eh.  I miss my baked potatoes back home (even though it's been years since I've had one).  And now I'm doing this and basically nodding off so I'm off to bed.

Ciao!!

EDIT:  And I just booked my flight for Lisbon.  Yay planning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment