Friday, April 12, 2013

Class on Fridays...What a Stupid Idea

I promise I am going to get caught up.  I am still working on the Cinque Terre blog post and on uploading photos but it's getting there, slowly but surely.

Yesterday and today were pretty uneventful.  Class was fine, same as ever.  Art was boring, literature was fun.  Although yesterday in art we went to the Academia and got to see the real original David.  It's still mind blowing to think about and see in person.  I really want to touch it.

Apparently, because the marble used for it was such terrible quality, it's starting to crack.  Can you imagine if the original David broke?  I mean, we still have copies but just think what that would be like.  Kids couldn't see the original anymore.  Scary stuff.

Last night we ended up going out to a bar with some people from UNC and Liz and her friend.  It was actually a good time (secret bakery included) but this morning was a bit of a struggle.

My art paper got moved back about 2 weeks.  So that's nice.  I'll probably still try to get it done relatively soon though.  And I'm staying in Florence for the weekend.  I need a weekend of rest.

Tonight we went to Gusta Pizza for dinner and they made our pizza in the shape of a heart.  It was so cute.

See?

Done a little more three week planning.  Booked my flight to Paris.  Found a hostel for Lisbon but haven't booked yet.  Definitely moving in the right direction.

Oh and I'm feeling better.  Yay!

Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment