Friday, January 25, 2013

It Was A What??

Sorry for two posts in one day but, this was important and I wasn't sure I was right until just now so I wanted to wait to let you guys know.

At 3:48pm today in Florence, Italy there were tremors felt from a 4.8 magnitude earthquake that had its epicenter in Castelnuovo di Garfagnana. AND I FELT IT.

I AM REALLY EXCITED RIGHT NOW. I'VE NEVER FELT AN EARTHQUAKE BEFORE, NOT EVEN THAT ONE IN VIRGINIA. I WAS REALLY SAD ABOUT IT, BUT NOT ANYMORE.

Of course, it wasn't anything. I was sitting on the couch in the living room when I felt it shake once and that was it. And I looked at my roommate and I said, "Did you feel that? What was that?" And she responded, "Probably just a truck outside." And I laughed and said, "It was probably an earthquake." And she laughed at me.

BUT I WAS RIGHT.

So yeah, checking things off the bucket list (feel an earthquake) everyday in Firenze. Well, not everyday but. Close enough.

The quiz in Italian went fine, it was really easy. Tomorrow, we're booked to go on a tour of Tuscany, including Siena, a tour of a vineyard, wine tasting, lunch and stopping in Pisa. It will be a long day but I'm really excited!!

WOO.

Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment