Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I Don't Know How To Say Happy Birthday In Italian

So today was both of my roommates birthday. One turned 21 and the other turned 20. And they're both from Wilmington. Crazy right?

This morning, our cultural activity was a visit to the Uffizi. Even though it felt like the visit lasted forever, I also feel like we barely saw anything. So I'll definitely have to go back. And we got our museum cards today. They're cards that give us free entry to some of the museums around Firenze. After the tour, me and one roommate stopped at the cafe downstairs to get lunch since we were both too lazy to cook. I had tortellini alla panna e proscuitto again...it's just so good!!

Then I had Italian class...nothing too special here. Our professor threw a piece of chalk (jokingly of course) at the other girl because she kept messing up the pronunciation. It was hilarious. I feel like I spend most of that class laughing.

After class, the roommates, me and two other girls wen to dinner at this nice restaurant called La Giostra. It was really good. I had torellini alla mugellana con ragout toscano - basically ravioli with meat sauce. It was incredible of course. And it since it was my roommates' birthday, they gave us free champagne and antipasto (appetizers) - how sweet!! After dinner, we all had gelato and then the roommates and I sat around the apartment drinking wine and telling stories. All in all, a good night.

Let's see, tomorrow our roommates arrive. That will be interesting. I wonder what they'll be like...I guess there's no point in speculating. I literally have no clue. As long as they're friendly, fun and interesting people, I'll be happy.

Okay, I'm super tired so I'm going to go. I haven't been napping here...it's really throwing me off.

Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment