Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Quick Tip for Your Home/Dorm

One thing I've really been loving lately is burning a scented candle.  It makes your room smell super nice.  And it makes you feel like a grownup because there's a fire going on in your room, and it's okay!

The one I have right now is called Spiced Apple by Flora and Fauna, a brand I found at Stein Mart.  Mostly it just smells like cinnamon apples, and it's delicious.  It totally makes me think of fall, leaves falling, fires and mulling spices (like my favorite ones from Crate&Barrel).

I also want to try candles from Bath & Body Works.  Especially the one called Leaves because I've heard a lot of people say they really like it.  And Bath & Body Works has the cutest candle holders ever, like this pumpkin one.

Happy almost Halloween!

Anyway, if you live in a dorm or for some other reason you can't burn a candle, plug-in oils are also really nice.  Bath & Body Works has some that I'm sure are great.  But I've used ones from Glade before and they were both really good and way less expensive.  I believe the scents I used were Cinnamon Apple and French Vanilla, but I'm not positive.

I know I love having my room smell like something besides cat and my deodorant.  Maybe you will, too.
Smelling-my-candle-and-playing-with-fire yours,
The Renaissance Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment