Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Childhood Love

The Lion King in 3D came out last Friday and guess who saw it, on Friday?? ME!  

First of all, I really think everyone should go see it.  You will one, be amazed at how much of the songs you remember.  Two, you'll laugh even harder because some of the dialog is truly written for adults to get (did you know Timone references drag??).  And three, it will take you back to your childhood when life wasn't so complicated and your main problem was eating your vegetables.

The Lion King, if you've been living under a rock, is an incredible movie.  It's all about this lion cub who's in line to become the next lion king and all of his trials and adventures.  (I wish I didn't have type out a plot hook for this movie, but someone recently told me they've never seen it.  I almost had a heart attack.)

Also, you'll go around for the next week singing the Lion King songs, like I have.  You could also take your cat, or a stuffed animal  if you don't have one, and hold them up when Simba gets held up, like I may or may not have done to my roommate's cat (Sssh).

I truly love the entire movie, but one of my favorite scenes and favorite songs is the "Circle of Life" from the very beginning.  My favorite scene is when the sun rises and the music goes, "NAAAAAASIBWENYA" or something like that.  To me, it signals the beginning of something amazing, and I love it.


It gets me every time.  And for those of you who were more Disney Princess people, that's totally fine!  Go watch your favorite Disney movie from your childhood!  You'll feel 1000x better, I promise.  And if you now want to go see it, HERE is a link to find when it's playing near you!  But hurry because it's only playing for 2 weeks and this Friday, 9/23, will be the end of Week 1!

My heart is lighter already from typing this post for you.  Have a super, Disney-filled day!
Still-singing-NAAAAAASIBWENYA yours,
The Renaissance Girl. 
P.S. I just watched that song again, and I got chills.
P.P.S. I'm seeing it again on Saturday.  No shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment